Orthopedics Community
Knee feels swollen but not in pain?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Knee feels swollen but not in pain?

Hi! I was practicing front flips into a padded landing mat, and I landed with my right leg straight up and down rather than bent and I felt pain in my knee. I stretched my leg and the pain went away and I continued for another hour. There was very little discomfort and no pain. It's three days after and my knee still does not hurt but feels swollen and tingly and I have been walking on my toes on that leg to avoid over straightening.
Hi there!

Well, without an evaluation it would be difficult to identify the cause of knee pain in your case. Possibilities that may need to be considered include fractures, dislocations, injuries to tendons/ ligaments/ internal knee structures, inflammation, tendonitis, bursitis etc; just to name a few. I would suggest consulting an orthopedician for an evaluation and appropriate management. Meanwhile you may try resting the knee with some OTC NSAIDS to relieve the pain.
Hope this helps.

Take care!