ORTHOPEDICS
COMMUNITY
Knee is feels stuck
by Monkeymorgan, Feb 25, 2012
I'm a 17 year old girl and have had bilateral knee problems for 3.5 years and despite lots of doctors visits I still have no diagnosis. I have learned that I overpronate and I'm very flat footed. MRIs and blood work is normal. For about a week now my right knee has had pain at the top of my knee cap. It feels like it is stuck on the pop. I can still get my knee to pop but it still feels like it is stuck on another pop. Usually my knees only hurt on the bottom or on the sides but never on the top. What is this? I know that my knee can't get stuck on air but that's what it feels like. What is going on and how do I get it to stop?
Member Comments (1)
by S. Kaul, MDBlank, Mar 25, 2012
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of the symptoms. Likely possibilities that may need to be considered include chondromalacia patellae, tendonitis, bursitis, fractures, patellar dislocation, injuries to the internal knee ligaments/ menisci, infections/ inflammations, arthritis, cyst formation, bone growths/ tumours, nerve related issues, loose bodies etc; just to name a few. I would suggest consulting an orthopedician for an evaluation and appropriate management. Meanwhile you may try resting the knee with some OTC NSAIDS to relieve the pain.
Hope this helps.

Take care!