Knee locks if i sleep with leg bent
Everytime im asleep if i bend my leg which obviously i cant help as im asleep but i wake up in terrible pain as its locked up, literally cannot straighten it and if i try to it just feels like its going to snap, after about 20mins+ of wiggling my toes i manage to slowly straighten it, ive never felt such intense pain before and i dont know why its doing it, its being like it for about a year now but just getting worse even bending during the day etc is becoming painful, as if something sharp is going to pop out the skin, about 6months ago i went to a fairground and went on the bumper cars, had a big smash up where my knee took a big blow against the metal steering column, swollen like a balloon and huge bruising which did eventually go, im just left with this locking problem
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include inflammation, degeneration, arthritis, loose bodies, causes related to muscles/ tendons/ ligaments etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a rheumatologist or an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!