Orthopedics Community
Knee locks up with burning PAIN
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Knee locks up with burning PAIN

I am a 53 year old male who has been walking my whole life, lately my right knee has been locking up and I get a bad burning pain just about were my knee bends. This just came on all of a sudden about two weeks ago. It dosen't happen all the time, but when it does the pain is a hot burning type pain. It burns for awhile and I have trouble walking and then it just goes away for days at a time until it happens again. Does anyone know what it could be or what is causing this pain.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi Joedev

Have you ever dislocated or otherwise injured your knee?  There is a possibility that it is either your knee cap "sublucating" (partially dislocating) or damage to your cartlidge.  When the "lock" occurs, how do you get it to "unlock" and do you get the sensation of something "moving back into place"?
Blank
No, I have never dislocated or injured my knee in anyway. When it locks up its just a bad burning pain and I can't put any weight on my right leg. Then the pain stops as fast as it started and I can walk fine again. And then for no reason it will happen again without any warning. Its very strange.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank