Knee pain 3 weeks after a fall
On election night it was raining hard here in the Puget Sound area. I was on the slippery wooden front porch preparing to walk one of the puppies when I lost my balance and essentially did the "Splits". My left leg splayed backward slamming  the right side of my knee to the porch floor, my right leg slammed down in front of me.

I needed crutches to get around for a few days (left over from a relatives knee surgery rehab), but after a week or so the bruises abatted and I started to believe that I was on the road to a complete recovery. Now, over 3 weeks later, I continue to have pain in that left knee. The swelling did go down, but still feels warm to the touch. It is especially bad at night. Ibuprofen at about 600-800 mg. at bedtime gives 60-75% relief at night.

Have not had an xray, have not seen an MD. No health insurance. Could I have broken something in my knee? Has fluid built up? Any thoughts from an orthopedic physician would be helpful. Thank you so much. Mary
At least ,it will last 6--8 weeks to heal,if everything is normal.