Orthopedics Community
Knee pain after surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Knee pain after surgery

I had a scope in early Feb and all went well I was told. Excellent Doc scoped and repaired chondromalacia, torn meniscus and articular cartlidge. I did the right rehab...had a chiro cuff..did not need pain meds...and was making excellent progress. On Feb 20th I tripped and fell coming out of airport. Heard nothing pop..no pain...got up and came home and continued rehab. Three weeks later went back to doc for 8 week visit and I told him that my knee felt better than the other knee which still needs surgery for torn meniscus but not much better. Told him the same details I just typed and he said due to articular cartlidge involvement recovery would be longer. He injected the knee with cortisone and continued me on anti inflammatory drugs and said 90% chance of problem going away in next 30 days.

Since then I've had periods when no pain at all...none! And then periods where I have pain when climbing or descending stairs or getting our of a sitting position and a lot of burning above the patella when sitting or driving. I have the same pains in the bad knee but its the one that was supposedly surgically reapired where I should not have the pain yet I do!

I am returning for a visit next week and quite frankly I do not feel the surgery was worth it. I have more pain, burning now in the surgically repaired knee than I did before the surgery...my wife says I'm just a wimp..what is going on here?

This discussion is related to burning pain after knee surgery.