Knee pain after surgery
I had a scope in early Feb and all went well I was told. Excellent Doc scoped and repaired chondromalacia, torn meniscus and articular cartlidge. I did the right rehab...had a chiro cuff..did not need pain meds...and was making excellent progress. On Feb 20th I tripped and fell coming out of airport. Heard nothing pop..no pain...got up and came home and continued rehab. Three weeks later went back to doc for 8 week visit and I told him that my knee felt better than the other knee which still needs surgery for torn meniscus but not much better. Told him the same details I just typed and he said due to articular cartlidge involvement recovery would be longer. He injected the knee with cortisone and continued me on anti inflammatory drugs and said 90% chance of problem going away in next 30 days.

Since then I've had periods when no pain at all...none! And then periods where I have pain when climbing or descending stairs or getting our of a sitting position and a lot of burning above the patella when sitting or driving. I have the same pains in the bad knee but its the one that was supposedly surgically reapired where I should not have the pain yet I do!

I am returning for a visit next week and quite frankly I do not feel the surgery was worth it. I have more pain, burning now in the surgically repaired knee than I did before the surgery...my wife says I'm just a wimp..what is going on here?

This discussion is related to burning pain after knee surgery.