Knee pain and "knot"...
Yesterday while packing boxes and kneeling down, when I stood up there was a sharp pain on the interior side of my right knee.  The pain did not go away and radiated in a more or less straight line.  The line is up and down about 1/2" inch to the inside of my knee cap.

I stopped packing and elevated the knee.  No pain when at rest, no pain to put weight on.  Slow movement no problem.  Pain only when weight and bending.  No bruising or noticeable swelling.  This AM, seems a modest bit better but there is a "knot" or bump about the size of a pea at the location of the pain and it is tender to the touch.  The "knot" is immoveable when the knee is bent and I am in a chair for example, but when standing, the "knot" can be moved around.

Any thoughts?  I am due to move to a very, very rural area in about 3 weeks with little in the way of health care, but right now I am in S. Florida and any care would best be done here.  The impending move has me more concerned than I normally would be about what I think may just be some sort of sprain.  I will be required to do walking, lifting, etc. so any problem is amplified.

Thanks in advance.
hi buddy,
since you are from a far off place, presently i would advice you to have a tight bandage around your knee and see as what happens. Something the "knot"  might disappear after a few days time. But if the pain persists,along with the knot, even after wraping the tight crape bandage, it means, that there is a need for further examination.
SO keep us posted about your condition.
Regards