Orthopedics Community
Knee pain going down to ankle

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Knee pain going down to ankle

I fell down the stairs about 3 months ago and injured my knee and ankle.  When I went to the er they did xrays on my knee and ankle and said that the ankle was a sprain, but they couldn't do a physical examination of my knee because of the pain it caused my ankle.  I was told to follow up with an ortho but I moved and haven't gotten around to it yet (plus I don't have a PCP for a referral).  Well today the pain is back and worse than ever, the pain goes from the outside of my knee all the way to my ankle and wraps around the back.  I didn't really do anything to it today, but now I can barely move it.  Could it be the change in weather?