Knee pain under kneecap for a week
Out of the blue my right knee started hurting me really bad. It is on the front bottom part of the knee cap-almost going into the top of my tibia. It is OK when I walk, but I try to lift or bend my leg it hurts so bad. When I feel the knee it feels like something is grating against my knee cap. I have been icing it, taking advil and trying to rest with no help. It seems to get worse as the day goes on. It is very achy, feels heavy and really tight.
Does anyone have any advice?
     Thanks for writing in. With no history of trauma pain in the knee below the knee cap can occur due to bursitis, tendinitis, arthritis and infection. But, it is important to rule out other causes by getting a physical examination and x-rays done to see what it is.
Rest, ice packs, anti-inflammatories and strengthening exercises are common modes of treatment for bursitis or arthritis or tendinitis.
Consult a orthopedician for further assistance.
Best