Knee pain
I am currently 21. I had ACL/meniscus repair surgery on my right knee in 2009. I work at a hospital transporting patients so I walk a lot through out the day. Work makes the anterior/medial part of my knee just near my knee cap ache. Exercise also tends to do this. Awhile back I hit approximately that same location (more medial) on the side of a desk leaving a bruise/large bump. That was a few months ago, and I still have somewhat a bump. Just yesterday I had a long day of work and the back of my knee started to hurt. Could this just be tendonitis or something more? I don't want to go to a specialist if it's just tendonitis. I will add a picture of when I bumped my knee.
You didn't mention whether you had gone to physical therapy after your repair surgery.  SOP; Standard operating procedure to follow up with physical therapy.  
Tendonitis may need lots of rest, alternating ice and heat and elevations maybe a week or few weeks.  Go to the dr. that is what they get big bucks for my friend:)