Orthopedics Community
Knee pops/cracks when bending

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Knee pops/cracks when bending

My knee started cracking/popping (well producing same sounds as when you crackk your knuckles).

History:
i was in amsterdam and had some drinks and then started running around ( I guess was drunk lol), next morning my knees (legs) felt weak and since then they are teh same.

I can't stand more than 10 min in one position , they feel weak so have to sit down.
Gets more pinful if I go up the stairs and less down, and crack when I bend......they feel different.

i had no problems and I only go to gym and play tennis from time to time (hobby not competitive).....Can you tell me what is worng.
one more thing if it pops then it feels better (usually I tend to crack b my back, knuckles and elbows).

Can anyone help me know what is wrong?
Should I see a physio or soemone else?

Regards,
FWK
Tags: pops, knees
same thing happens with my knee it pops everytime I bend it and if it doesnt pop it sounds like something is in the way.  its most likely a mechanical issue due to a torn meniscus.  my suggestion is climb a bunch of stairs and try and get it to heal itself.  I injured my knee a while back during my wrestling years in high school and a bad backyard game of baseball (foot got caught in a hole, body kept going)

you'll most likely have to live with the knee popping issue, unless you opt for surgery which in turn will give you arthritis (happens when you expose your inside to air)