Orthopedics Community
Knee spasm when trying to sleep
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Knee spasm when trying to sleep

I have late stage Lymphodema in my entire left leg, from just under the knee and down.  Recently I had a small infection that I conquered quickly but pulled a muscle in my knee while healing.  The muscle burns when I move my leg in certain directions (lifting up the knee, pulling it toward my chest, dragging it outward, rotating it outward) and feels like it is just below the knee cap and to the right.  Any suggestions on how to help this?  When I lay down I have no pain and just as I'm relaxing the knee will spasm and I'm wide awake again.