Orthopedics Community
Knee support advice

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Knee support advice

hi, any idea what support is best for a torn meniscus and torn posterior cruciate ligament
Hi first of all have you been to your gp and asked. For surgery for this and i would have thought. Thst theyed put a cast on it hun i would serjest going to your ER depatment imiediately and telling them everything and getting it checked out i hope this has been of some help to and for you take care. Good luck
hey, thank you for replying, it started out of nowhere about 8months ago, it locked when it was bent when i was asleep, i woke up with dreadful pain and couldnt straighten it, after about 30mins of massage and wiggling my toes i managed to straighten it and since then it always happens if my leg is bent for too long, when walking it feels like its going to give way and if its straight and i go to turn onto my side it feels like something is going snap and peirce my skin, about 3months after my knee first locked i went to a fareground and went on the dodgems, i crashed into someone then someone crashed into me, i shot forward and smashed my knee off the metal steering column, i saw a orthopaedic friday and after doing some tests on the knee said shes 100% sure ive torn the meniscus and posterior cruciate ligament and its "flapping" about then sticking when my legs in one position for a long period of time but she'll send me for a mri just to confirm so theres evidence to support her diagnosis, i did ask her what can be done to fix it 3 times but she shyed away from answering which has made me worry, i take 30/500 cocodamols, ibuprofen, use ice, tried tubergrips and i put pillows under the back of my knee when resting but nothing helps, do you think after the mri ill be sent for surgery, if so do you know what this entails