Knee surgery
Hi, I'm a 42 y/o firefighter.  I injured right knee Nov 06 fighting house fire and had it scoped Feb 07.  Jan 08 still having major problems.  At the recommendation of different OS, I'm considering OATS. Anyone had good luck with this and also, will it standup to my demanding job?  Thanks
Hi Cary,
The OATS procedure, an abbreviation for osteo-articular transfer system, is a surgical procedure used to treat focal cartilage defects.
I think if proper post-operative care is planned and rest is been taken with physiotherapy, this will help you to get back to your old job.
The chances are less, but each case is different from other, hence it might help.
Keep me informed.
Bye.
Do it.

I had a partial transplant back in February in my right knee and of the four surgeries I've had trying to fix it, this is the only one that seems to be sticking.  It's the best decision I ever made.