Knees causing me to fall.
I am 15 years old and I have had this strange problem that most doctors can't diagnose. I will be walking and one of my knees (Usually my left) knee gives out on me causing me to fall to the ground. When it does give out it occurs usually without warning and I feel a popping sound. IT normally happens either when I am on uneven ground, I trip over something(Which triggers my knee to give out) or just by walking. I wish I knew what it is but one doctor I went to see diagnosed it as Osteoschlatter's disease... but I have researched it and those symptoms are not me. I ALWAYS have bruises on my legs due to this unknown condition and my right kneecap (Which is MORE painful when it gives out or pops on me, and it has resulted in me dislocating my kneecap) I also notice that my kneecaps aren't really straight. the bones that usually stick straight up on a person go outwards on both sides, which I have noticed since childhood. I REALLY would appreciate it if anyone can help me out, because 15 years of falling because of my knees is really starting to get to me, and it has given me the name "Now you see her, now you don't" with my mom and I hate it. I love to walk and dance... but I live in constant fear that my knees will give out again and I will be in pain and limping due to it.
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation, it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. This could be a structural or pathological issue involved with the bones/ joints/ soft tissue, dislocation/ subluxation/ malalignment, degeneration etc. I would suggest consulting an orthopedician preferably at a university or a teaching hospital for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is useful.

Take care!