Orthopedics Community
Knot kinda below my knee cap

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Knot kinda below my knee cap

Im 19 yrs old and one day in school i got into a fight. what happened was when the teachers stopped it they put their weight all on me and i went down on one knee really hard. now this is the strange part. its been over a year now and the pain right below the kneecap feels like a big bruise or knot is there and i have to crawl on my knees carefully ifi want to with just the top of my knee. i run a lot do squats im an amatuer bodybuilder if you will cuz i train a lot mainly for the military but here is the other strange thing. whenever i do these exercise there is no pain my knee feels perfectly fine. only whem i put pressure on it. no popping or anything or grinding.
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of the discomfort in your case. If there are no issues moving the knee and the discomfort is not located around the joint itself, it may not be anything grave. Possibilities that may need to be looked into include bone contusions, periostitis, neuromuscular issues etc. I would suggest getting this examined either a primary care physician or an orthopedician/ sports medicine specialist, for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
i've had lumps around my knees for sometime now. it started with just 1 bump above my knee cap. but the bump has seperated into teenie tiny bumps and hav over 7 YEARS relocated to beneath my knee cap my left knee has began process over the past 2 years im a 19 year old female and this began in the 6th grade for me and my doctor said it would go away in 6 months - 1 year its began to be VERRY painful in my right knee and all around my knee up to about my mid thigh down to above my calf it shoot through my knee when i lift my leg. its began to truly worry me and ide really like to know what it is and if it could resault in surgery?