Orthopedics Community
Knot on knee
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Knot on knee

I have this knot the pretude out on my knee, it's not large but noticable.  Rarely it hurts.  A doctor said I was born with a bone disease that cause this but it's nothing to be concerned about...the name is long but I don't remember what it was called.  Would you have an ideal what it may be?
Tags: Knee
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Based on the information provided it is difficult to say what exactly this "knot" is. It may be a bony outgrowth. This may be an osteochondroma (exostosis) which is a benign growth of bone with a cartilaginous cap. Simply having an xray of your knee done will give you the diagnosis. If you have had it since childhood it is likely benign and nothing to worry about. If you are concerned about the cosmetic appearance you could have it surgically removed.

Dr Al
Blank
If you are >50 years, I would also consider an osteophyte (degernative spur) as well as a baker's cyst. However, these are acquired as you become older.

Dr Al
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank