Knot on knee
I have this knot the pretude out on my knee, it's not large but noticable.  Rarely it hurts.  A doctor said I was born with a bone disease that cause this but it's nothing to be concerned about...the name is long but I don't remember what it was called.  Would you have an ideal what it may be?
Based on the information provided it is difficult to say what exactly this "knot" is. It may be a bony outgrowth. This may be an osteochondroma (exostosis) which is a benign growth of bone with a cartilaginous cap. Simply having an xray of your knee done will give you the diagnosis. If you have had it since childhood it is likely benign and nothing to worry about. If you are concerned about the cosmetic appearance you could have it surgically removed.

Dr Al
If you are >50 years, I would also consider an osteophyte (degernative spur) as well as a baker's cyst. However, these are acquired as you become older.

Dr Al
I have a knee knot also I would like to know how it appeared and how I can get rid of it... please help me as soon as possible