Orthopedics Community
Knuckle Injuries; possible fracture?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Knuckle Injuries; possible fracture?

2817107?1208961428
       Yesterday i was breaking boards with my palm, elbow, fist and heel. I was practicing board-breaks for an upcoming promotion test. I broke several boards with my fist. I don't think i was supposed to, my power and technique was correct but i don't think my knuckles were quite conditioned enough. I broke the boards but every time i did i felt a little pain. On the last board-break i think i accidentally tilted my right fist a little to the left before impact, I broke the board, but had a lot more pain then usual. i pressed my knuckle and it felt like a bruise. I thought it would go away so i went to sleep.
        The next day the pain was less but when i pressed on my knuckle i felt 2 bumps, normally i just feel 1 big knuckle. Also when i moved the finger of that knuckle i felt the tendon rub against something. Usually i don't feel this "rubbing". Have i damaged or slightly dislocated a tendon? Have i fractured a bone?

i posted a drawing of my hand/middle knuckle:

- The picture in the red circle is my interpretation of what i feel under the skin of my knuckle. I feel a gap between the two bumps (which i think is abnormal because on my left hand's middle-knuckle, there is no gap; there is just one connected bump) .

- The picture in the blue/cyan circle is a picture to explain pain. The shaded areas are places which i feel pain when i apply pressure to it.

- The picture in the green circle is a side view of my hand/knuckles. When i press a finger on that middle knuckle and move my middle finger upwards and downwards, i feel as if one of my tendons is rubbing on a bone; i feel slight vibrating between the tendon and the bone when i do that motion, i also feel pain. The "rubbing" is not normal because my left hand's knuckle-joints are well lubricated and move smoothly without any pain.  

Please give me feedback.
My hand feels a lot better now that time has passed. However I would be glad if you could tell me what happened and what it was. This isn't the first time it has happened. But ever since the first time (about a year and a half ago) my knuckles would always have this "rubbing" sensation against a bone somewhere in my hand whenever i hit something too hard or my technique was off.
Hey I have this exact same problem! How did you fix it? how are you now? did you goto the doctor? PLEASE RESPOND!