LOSS OF USE OF HANDS
I am a 60 yr old female.  In Sept of 2008 I got up in the morning and was unable to hold anything in my left hand.  Initial diagnosis was "brain or neck tumor".  Clear MRI's of head and neck, negative subsequent spinal tap, upper extremity arteriogram, TWO emg's, blood tests for lyme disease, lupus, ALS, syphillis, etc., rheumatoid arthritis.  Joints of left hand have frozen now and are unbendable.  Left radial nerve biopsied and shows nerve degeneration.  Symptons moved within two weeks to one finger of right hand.  Have seen 10 Dr's since this began because one keeps referring me to another.  One Dr suggested that if I do carpal tunnel surgery even though there is no evidence of carpal tunnel disease there might be a 10% improvement.  Do you suggeest I do this?  I am very discouraged at this point.  I have essential tremor and take Primidone and an inactive thyroid and take synthroid and cytomel. Thank You.
hello dear marybeth,
sometimes even the doctors are unable to diagnose the problem. Don't worry. I personally, wont be able to help you much, but would suggest you to go through this website
www.jaaos.org

here you will find a lot of good orthopaedicians. They will help you, via emails and further contacts, to find a proper cure of your problem.

Hope it helps.

regards and god bless you
Thank you for your time and patience.  I went to the suggested website and have no idea which article title for which to search.  Sometimes we have to just let go and move on.  After soooooooooooooooo many tests, I think it is my time to move on.  Again, I thank you for your time.  Mary Beth
hello mam,
i am sorry.
visit  www.aaos.com

you will find an option to search an orthopaedician.
you can also search about the diseases.
it's the best orthopaedic journal site.

regards