Orthopedics Community
LUMBAR MRI

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

LUMBAR MRI

I recently got my x-ray and MRI results and was referred to a surgeon I have to see in a few days.  I don't know what they're going to say so I'm asking what you think of my MRI Results.
FINDINGS: Examination of the lumbar spine shows normal alignment. There is a mild disc desiccation seen at the lower thoracic levels and also at the L1-2 disc space.
At the T12-L1 disc space level, there is left sided herniation seen laterally at the canal measuring 4 x 12mm in AP and transverse dimension. There is localized mass effect upon the thecal sac
At the L1-2 level, there is subligmentous herniation with a small annular tear at the midline. There is no evidence of stenosis.
The L2-3 level is unremarkable.
The L3-4 and L4-5 levels show no herniation or protrusion. (My x-ray showed narrowing at L3-4 though)
At the L5-S1 level, there is minimal disc bulge. There is no sponylolysis.
IMPRESSION:
1. There is a left sided disc herniation seen laterally at the canal and proximally at the left neural foramen at the T12-L1 disc space.
2. At the L1-2 level, there is a small subligamentous herniation seen at the midline and minimally at the paramedian. There is no stenosis.
3. There is a minimal disc bulge seen at the L5-S1 disc space.

Any ideas what this finding means for me?