Orthopedics Community
Labral Tear in Right Hip; Pain Came Back

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

I am a 17 year old female, and injured my hip in October 2010. My orthopedic discovered that I had a severe labral tear. Recently I had arthroscopic surgery to fix this. After the surgery, the pain was gone. I had sufferered this pain in my groin area for over a year, and it was gone! It has only been 2 and a half weeks since the surgery. However, last week I "overdid it." I was on my crutches too much, and did way too much activity on my leg. The pain came back, and has been back for 6 days now. It is the same exact pain I had before my surgery. Did I reinjure it? Or is it just overworked and aggravated? I am so worried, and answers would help. Thanks.
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to comment on the situation. If it has been 2 weeks since the surgery and there wasn’t much force involved, it might just be okay; however I would suggest getting it examined by your orthopedician just to be sure we are at pace with the healing process, to be on the safer side.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!