Labral hip tear and pregnancy
Hi I am a 26 year old dance teacher who was diagnosed with a labral hip tear back in November for the second time. I have previously had surgery on my right hip five years ago for the same injury. Dr. Phillipon performed my surgery in 2003 when he was working at UPMC. I never felt much relief after my first surgery due to a bone spur that was in the same area. However, back in October I noticed the pain greatly increased and I was having many of the same symptoms I had before my first surgery. I was not surprised to hear that I re-tore the cartilage but it has been much harder this time to talk myself into the surgery a second time around. First of all I never recieved any relief after the first surgery and second of all my husband I had just decided to try and get pregnant. Obviously, I can not have the surgery while I am pregnant so we had to put that on hold for a bit. My real question is how long will I have to wait till we can start trying again. I know they say 12 weeks until you can go back to normal activities but with pregnancy being so tough on your body I am not sure what someone would recommend. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Pregnancy should always be attempted once you are in pink of health. Your blood haemoglobin should come to normal after the surgery and you should have enough protein reserves. If you can try after 3-6 months of surgery and recovery for pregnancy it is better for your health. Consult you Gynaecologist after the surgery and while recovering. Take care!