Labrum
So I went to the doc and was told that I have damaged or torn my Labrum and dont need any surgery but more pt for 6 weeks. So does this mean that I will not be able to use my Labrum any more or will I have to use different muscles to do new things?
Hi!
Usually torn labrum heals by itself. Physiotherapy is given to strengthen your muscles and to remove the pressure off the labrum. The labrum basically deepens the joint socket to hold the bones in place. The other function is supporting the attachment of various ligaments and tendons around the labrum. The healing takes about 4-6 weeks and then another 4-6 weeks are needed for the labrum to become strong. The physiotherapy meanwhile teaches you to move the joint without hurting the labrum. It is required to overcome the stiffness which would otherwise occur when the joint is not in use.  With time (this can vary from person to person) most people regain full motion of the shoulder joint and can return to previous sports or activity level. Please discuss in detail with your healthcare provider. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Thanks that helps a ton