Orthopedics Community
Left Hip higher and rotated forward.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Left Hip higher and rotated forward.

My left hip is slightly higher and rotated forward which is really painful and uncomfortable. It started about 2 years ago, I went to a chiropractor every 2 weeks for about a year to get it to stay in its right place. It finally worked. Stayed perfectly in its place for over a year till I did a stupid yoga move and messed it up again.

Now I have a different chiropractor for about 3 months. I started 3 seasons a week for a few weeks. Then 2 seasons a week and now just once a week. However, my hip won't stay in its right place for more than a week. I don't know what else to do. Anyone else have this or know what the cause is and how to fix it?

Btw, The first chiropractor said he believed it was due to a tmj problem I have. The new chiropractor says thats impossible and I just need to strengthen my muscles - back, abdomen, legs and hips for better support.

Help!
Sorry I meant 3 sessions Not 3 seasons!
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Excessive joint laxity can be seen in connective tissue disorders or could occur secondary to fractures or injuries to tendons/ ligaments/ muscles etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!