Left foot/ankle (chipped bone on top left foot/anke)
Im 18 years old and I was playing baskeball in the gym, I rolled my ankle while playing, instant pain hit me and I  took my shoe off right away cause it was on tight, it felt like my foot wanted to explode so I took it off and not even 10 seconds later it was swollen pretty bad, after a few hours it was worst.
My left foot/ankle is still swollen after 6 days, I went get an X-ray done 2 days after I injured it and appears to be a chipped bone on the top left side of my foot/ankle. It still gives me pains every now and then especially in the morning, I keep a splint on it with a pressure bandage wrapped around it most of the time, practically all the time once a day when I shower it comes off. I was just wondering if anyone can give me any suggestions or answers to what else I can do? I take tylenol, relax it, keep it elevated, but nothing seems to be to healing :(?
Hi there!

There is likely to be a ligament injury associated with the chip fracture. I would suggest resting for a few days and avoiding weight bearing. Use of crutches and crepe bandage may be useful for the pain. Keeping the foot slightly elevated while resting, ice-packs and tylenol/ OTC NSAIDS would be helpful for pain relief. If the symptoms do not improve in 2-3 weeks with the suggested measures, I would suggest considering a detailed evaluation by an orthopedician for an appropriate management plan.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!