Orthopedics Community
Left foot/ankle (chipped bone on top left foot/anke)
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Left foot/ankle (chipped bone on top left foot/anke)

Im 18 years old and I was playing baskeball in the gym, I rolled my ankle while playing, instant pain hit me and I  took my shoe off right away cause it was on tight, it felt like my foot wanted to explode so I took it off and not even 10 seconds later it was swollen pretty bad, after a few hours it was worst.
My left foot/ankle is still swollen after 6 days, I went get an X-ray done 2 days after I injured it and appears to be a chipped bone on the top left side of my foot/ankle. It still gives me pains every now and then especially in the morning, I keep a splint on it with a pressure bandage wrapped around it most of the time, practically all the time once a day when I shower it comes off. I was just wondering if anyone can give me any suggestions or answers to what else I can do? I take tylenol, relax it, keep it elevated, but nothing seems to be to healing :(?
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

There is likely to be a ligament injury associated with the chip fracture. I would suggest resting for a few days and avoiding weight bearing. Use of crutches and crepe bandage may be useful for the pain. Keeping the foot slightly elevated while resting, ice-packs and tylenol/ OTC NSAIDS would be helpful for pain relief. If the symptoms do not improve in 2-3 weeks with the suggested measures, I would suggest considering a detailed evaluation by an orthopedician for an appropriate management plan.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979