Left side back/pelvis, abdominal and groin pain/numbness?
I am female, 52 and have had cervical spine issues over the last 8 years. Recently, while take a short cycle of prednisone for my neck, my sacreiliac (sp?) was out and painful. I'm accustomed to this and was bothered but not concerned. Over the course of a week however, the pain became worse  with tingling and numbness. 2 chiropractic visits aligned my pelvis, but the pain/numbness across my lower left side continued. I couldn't walk 5 steps without lying down or squatting to lessen the pain. Within a few more days my lower left side abdomin began to have a burning pain that soon radiated into my groin with numbness. I had slightly decreased urination. I began to wonder if the problem weren't my kidneys instead of my back/pelvis, so finally went to see a doc who was so worried about Caudo Equina that he sent me to the ER for an MRI. He didn't take blood, urine showed no infection and he poked around a bit at my abdomin without finding anything before sending me off. I had the MRI and the only word I've received is that a neurosurgeon didn't see anything "emergent" whatever that means. I have an appt for a month from now. I still have all the symptoms less the urinination issue. I am concerned that this is something left side organ related. My stomach is distended, more to left than right.  Did these docs miss the mark and could this be a cyst or tumor in an organ, kidney stone, other kidney issue? I fell pressure inside my abdomin like there is more inside there than usual.  Very concerned about the numbness... any ideas?
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include GI/ GU infections, inflammations, growths/ masses/ prostatic enlargement, neuro-muscular issues etc. It would be best to have this evaluated by an internist initially and depending on eth cause diagnosed. Suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!