Aa
A
A
Close
Leg swelling after surgery.
My aunt had surgery done on her knee about 2 months ago. She has not been able to go to the doctor because of insurance reasons. Now her leg swollen from the thigh down to her toes and it is a purplish color. This is very concerning to me. I am not sure if it is fluid built up or if there is something seriously wrong with it. She had her knee broken in a car accident. She does not have a cast on it but she does wear a hinged brace. She can bend it a little but she says it is painful sometimes. The last time she did go to the doctor, they told her not to put any weight on it. I think that was about a month ago. Should I make her go to the doctor or wait for the swelling to go down?
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1

she should see the doctor again. when i was post-op i had to see the doctor a week after my surgery, then a month after that, and now every month. she should be trying to see her doctor as regularly as possible (based off when he/she requests a follow-up appointment). i don't really have any suggestions for the insurance issues, but you could always try to get to a free clinic and have her leg checked out.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I broke my leg and had surgery over 8 to 9 months ago and this leg is still swollen.  What can I do to reduce the swelling so I can wear my boots again. Thanks.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Leg swelling after surgery.
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703