Orthopedics Community
Long term medial knee pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Long term medial knee pain

Last fall I went for a long run that was admittedly more than I should have been doing.  I felt fine on the run but the next day I could barely put weight on my right leg or extend it.  I had pain on the inside of my knee, above my knee and up the inside of my leg.  I took a couple of weeks off and the pain subsided.  I went for a short run and was again in pain the next day and for a couple of weeks.  After a couple of more attempts at rest and having the same problems I eventualy went to my GP and he said rest for many months.  I have now not run in 6 months and I went for a .5 mile jog and I am right back where I started.  My GP did a bunch of twisting tests that he said rules out a ligament problem.  I have no swelling or catching of the joint to indicate a meniscus problem. If this were bursitis or a simple pull I would have thought it would subside by now or at least swell up on me. I just get this horrible pain on the inside of the knee, not in the knee, and the pain then spreads to the area of where my quad tendon connects above the knee and farther up the inner hamstring muscle.  To me, it feels like I have damaged several muscules and/or tendons around the knee and can't seem to get them healed.  Can anyone think of ways to rehab this or at least give me an idea of what it might be?