Lower Leg Pain
I have developed pain in my lower leg, about 2-3 inches below my knee cap. This pain started the other night after a 3ish mile run. I had been running pretty consistently for about 2-3 weeks before and had never experience this pain until then. I took a few days off, iced and it is still there. It hurts when I straighten my leg, walk up and down stairs, and I can even feel it when walking, it almost feels like a sharp stabbing pain at times.

I am an active individual and have never experience shin splints before, but I do not think that they are the case here. The pain is only in my left leg, right in the middle of my leg. One of my jobs involves getting on and off a bike frequently and I do use that leg to plant and hop over the  frame, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Wondering if anyone can pin-point what this is or how to treat it.
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include injuries such as stress fractures, infections/ inflammations, arthritis, bursitis, tendonitis, cyst formation, iliotibial band syndrome, osgood-schlatter disease, patellar dislocation, chondromalacia, injuries to the internal ligaments/ menisci, bone growths/ tumours, nerve injuries/ impingement etc. I would suggest considering an evaluation by a sports medicine specialist or an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this helps.

Take care!