Orthopedics Community
Lower back & Hip pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Lower back & Hip pain

I have had a nerve pinch on my right hip joint for about 11 years after, an incident where I jumed off a wall and landed only on my right  foot.But , for about two and a half years i have had lower back pain a several times (mostly after falling asleep on the couch) and would stay for a about 3-4 days and dissapear.But once I get the pain it feels awful to the point where I cant even sit down or bend , the pain eventually dissapears after continous rest for about 2 days.
lately I have been feeling pain on my left hip and the lower back , mostly when I walk and try to move in a circular motion.The left hip pain sometimes spreads towards the lowest rib on the same side.This has been going on for the past week.It looks like my left love handle has become a bit larger than the right. I havent met a doctor yet . Anyone with similar problems? Your comments are much appreciated.
Did you have an MRI or X-Rays? I have similar pain in my right hip and lower back and sacrum but I have scoliosis.
I, personally, recommend a chiropractor but I stay away from the old school twist-you-in-a-pretzel method. (it can upset your nerves if you have any nerve damage) Most of them will use an activator only if you request it.
I hope your pain subsides.

I have what fels like a pinch down the left side of my hip area. It feels like something is pinching. I get this only when I run or do speed cycle classes. What is it and is there some kind of hip stretching exercise I can do to eliminate this very annoying pinch?

Thanks,

For two years now I have had this pain in my left hip and it runs down my leg into my knee. I have had MRI's and nothing. Blood test, ultrasound, cat scan. I know it is in my muscles and I have been to physical therapy and it makes the pain worst. I get like charlie horses that are so bad it makes me jump and cry out. I have tryed muscles relaxers and all kinds of pain meds but the only thing that happens with that is I wind up taking to much. I need help. It's so bad I really think about taking my life because living like this is not living.  
Could be sciatic nerve
pain is enduring, but will go away. ending your life will last forever. i have the same type of pain i think. my left hip-back area will hurt if i sit down in awkward positions and it wont go away for 3-5 days. i also believe the cause of the pain is aided by having a weight on your right shoulder, only, for extended periods of time. Like always slinging a backpack over just your right shoulder. i tried yoga, but that didn't help me. try it for your self though, or just sit normally and start puting weights on your opposite shoulder of the pain. This seems to actually work, at least for me.