Orthopedics Community
Lower back, left hip,& left leg pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Lower back, left hip,& left leg pain

I have pain in lower back and pelvic area, left hip pain, and pain on the back side of left leg.
I went to an orthopedic surgeon and they did an MRI on my back and left leg. The MRI s have been inconclusive.  Xrays were taken of left leg, left hip and back.  He said everything looked ok.  I have been to physical therapy several times over the past few years which helps for awhile  but the pain has gotten worse.   I am 51 years old.  I have lost 25 lbs in the last 3 months.  The pain this last week has been almost unbearable.  Could the hip be the problem?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello!

I would suggest you to take NSAIDs intermittently to relieve you of any symptoms of pain and also apply ice packs regularly.

You need to take some calcium supplements and continue physiotherapy. Achieve a BMI of less than 25 and get yourself some scans done on the present date.

Get your MRI commented by an expert radiologist and take a second opinion near another orthopedician to get a proper diagnosis.

Take care!
I have been having the same exact symptoms for about a month now & hip pain almost 5 months. Did you find out what it was?
I have same problem on pain in back, down to hip and then left back of the leg.  Is it also symptoms of menopausal, I'm 46 now.
Any Idea what it is.
I am afraid that the muscle from previous surgery is creating scar tissue and pulling the muscle down the whole leg.