Orthopedics Community
Lower back pain with burning and stinging

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

I had a discogram 2 weeks ago and the pain is so bad. I saw the doctor today and he said surgery should fix the problem. I have ulcers and my stomach is upset by the pain meds. I have been through all the opids and finally found one that helps, but after the procedure the pain meds are not working the same. I have a three level neck fusion about 3 years ago.

Has anyone had a lower back problem after neck surgery? Has anyone undergone the lower back surgery? If so, what should I expect afterward?

This discussion is related to Lumber Disc L 3-4-5 S1.
Hi there!

Neck surgeries are unlikely to cause lower back issues. The prognosis following the surgery would depend on the severity of issues and the exact procedure hat is to be performed. It would be best to discuss this in detail with your treating doctor.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!