Lump on Finger
I have a lump on the middle finger of my left hand I asked a doctor about on my last visit and he called it a "Bible Cyst" or a ganglion cyst and told me that to take care of it all I had to do was whack it with a bible and it would go away. I tried doing like he suggested and it only caused me a lot of pain and didn't go away and now it's getting bigger and causing me more pain making it hard to move my finger especially when it gets cold I was wondering if it's possible that it is what he said and I just didn't hit it right or that it might be something else I should have checked by another doctor?
hi buddy,
you took the literal meaning of this problem. Don;t whack it with bible. It will cause only pain. Give it rest and wait. If pain comes down, then no need to worry.
If this swelling is causing a cosmetic deformity, pain, etc, then meet some other doctor for it's removal.

regards