Orthopedics Community
Lump on Finger

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Lump on Finger

I have a lump on the middle finger of my left hand I asked a doctor about on my last visit and he called it a "Bible Cyst" or a ganglion cyst and told me that to take care of it all I had to do was whack it with a bible and it would go away. I tried doing like he suggested and it only caused me a lot of pain and didn't go away and now it's getting bigger and causing me more pain making it hard to move my finger especially when it gets cold I was wondering if it's possible that it is what he said and I just didn't hit it right or that it might be something else I should have checked by another doctor?
Tags: Finger, Cyst, ganglion cyst, bible lump, lump, fingers, Pain, cysts
Avatar_dr_m_tn
hi buddy,
you took the literal meaning of this problem. Don;t whack it with bible. It will cause only pain. Give it rest and wait. If pain comes down, then no need to worry.
If this swelling is causing a cosmetic deformity, pain, etc, then meet some other doctor for it's removal.

regards