MRI
had mri done about a week ago for severe pain in my neck, under my left arm and chest.. Test results came back as Thoracic spine t7-t8 right paracentral broad base small disc protrusion with no spinal cord compression and right t8-t9 nerve root mild compression. t8-t9 right paracentral small base extrusion with mild to moderate to right ventral spinal cord compression and right t9 and possible t10 nerve compression.. Mild intravertebral disc age related change or desiccation..Cervical spine c5-c6 right paracentral disc extrusion with moderate ventral spinal flattening or compression multilevel neural foramen stenosis secondary to disc bony degenerative change.. Pain is mostly when I try to lay down or sleep.  Should I try pain PT or seek a orthopedic
Your MRI is suggestive of degenerative changes at multiple levels in the cervical and thoracic spine (which is an unusual area for degenerative spine disease). Whereas PT would eventually form the mainstay of long term management, we need to make sure if there is a surgical intervention required. The indications are limited in such cases but nerve root compressions is the thing that worries me. I suggest going in for an orthopedic opinion for now and then take it from there.