MRI Help, RIGHT WRIST
Hello, I had an MRI done last week on both of my wrists, and I just received the results today. Unfortunatly, I have no idea what the results mean, and I am hoping for a kind individual to help me out. I did have previous surgery on both wrists to have ganglion cysts removed.

I will start describing the right wrist MRI findings and impressions. The left wrist results I will post under another question.

FINDINGS- There is a 9mm in heigh x 4mm in AP x1.3 cm in transverse dimension T1 hypointense, T2 hyperintense ganglion cyst. There is susceptibility adjacent to the distal radius and radioscaphoid ligament from previous surgical change. There is ulnar minus variance. There is a type II lunate without chondromalacia. There is mild intrasubstancec degenerative final within the body of the TFCC without discrete tear identified. Ligaments and tendons otherwise appear intact. The median nerve appears unremarkable within carpal tunnel. The ulnar nerve appears unremarkable within Guyon's canal. A physiologic amount of joint fluid is present.

IMPRESSION
1. solitary 1.3 cm ganglion cyst dorsal to the scaphoid
2. Possible partial tear of the TFCC
3. small subcortical cyst with minimal marrow edema within the triquetrum
4. Type II lunate
5. Slight ulnar minus variance

I am really looking for someone who can tell me what this all means. The doctor referred me and told me I probably had to have surgery to fix the above problems. I also have the results on the left wrist MRI posted under a different question. Thank you.
Hi there!

The report describes the presence of a ganglion cyst with a possible partial tear in one of the ligaments and an intersubstance cyst with minimum inflammation in one of the bones of the wrist.
Hope this helps.

Take care!