Orthopedics Community
MRI after Knee replacement
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

MRI after Knee replacement

I had a total Knee replacement march 2011 on my left Knee.  In August I hurt my right Knee and have had a MRI on it.  Since having the MRI my replacement knee has been extremely painful
. The Ortho Doctor has told me that the MRI should not have caused any problems.  Why then is my REPLACEMENT KNEE extremely sore and could you tell me if I have anything to be concerned about.  My strength in this knee seems to be getting worse and more painful.
Related Discussions
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

MRI is a very safe method of imaging. It is not usually done post implants since the imaging tends to be distorted on exposure to magnetic field. However it may still be done in a few cases with adjusted pulse sequences and other parameters. Most implants are safe for MRI machines. The imaging study per say is unlikely to be the cause of sore knees. You may like to have this examined by your orthopedician for appropriate management.
Hope this information is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703