Orthopedics Community
Medial Subluxation Of Navicular Bone Over Talus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Sir/Madam,

I am Rohit, Age 22 Years, Male. Recently I sprained my ankle and nobody observed in the x-rays that I had a dislocation. After one month when the pain did not subside, I went for a second opinion and it was observed that I had an old neglected dislocation of talus in my ankle due to an accident 6 years ago, which might have worsened after the recent sprain and I was advised for CT Scan. After CT Scan the Results were "Medial Subluxation of Navicular bone over Talus." The ankle joint is Normal.

1. Is a surgery required for this?,and if yes then how long will it take to heal.
2. Is the injury very serious?
3. Is there any other way to treat this dislocation apart from Surgery.

I have 2 months time to heal after That I have to fly to another country for My Master's Degree, hence the Total healing time is Most Important to me.

Your Response will be Greatly Appreciated.
Hi there!

1. A surgery may or may not be required depending on the grade/ severity of the subluxation.
2. Without the relevant clinical details it would be difficult to comment.
3. Management would depend on the grade/ severity. For moderate-sever cases with symptoms, a surgery may be required.
Hope this information helps.

Take care!