Orthopedics Community
Metal On Metal Recalled Hip Replcement
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Metal On Metal Recalled Hip Replcement

Has anyone else been a victim of these Metal On Metal Hip replacements failing after only a few years of
having a total hip replacement?

Had Totall Hip Replacement in 2006 and had to have a total revision done after a few years due to the acetabular component disintigrating and turning into shrapnel inside my body.
I now have been diagnosed w/ severe spinal stinosis, nuro-foraminal narrowing, disk bulges..... All happened with in a month of having the revision surgery. Mind you, I never had ANY problems with my low back prior to this hip replacement failing so badly.
I have been going for Spinal Injections to try to manage the awful pain for the last 6 mos. Had 2 Epidurals, 4 facet injections, 2 radio freqency injections w/ hardly any relief unless I take Narc Pain Medication and use ice constantly.

Please if anyone has had this happen to them, please contact me to possibly share horror stories and advice on any treatments out there that I have not tried already.

GOD BLESS.
Tags: Metal, hip, Pain
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Well, there can be a few causes to early failure of hip replacement such as further degeneration, prosthesis issues, infections etc. The spinal issues are unlikely to be related to the hip causes and would need to be dealt with separately. If there is actual compression of the neural structures, surgical decompression would be best suitable in the situation; while without actual compression of the neural structures conservative management may be tried. I would suggest discussing the situation and the suggested management plan in detail with your treating doctor.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
4397957_tn?1354284522
Im sorry, but my spine being screwed up has everything to do with a hip replacement that failed within 4 years of having the original surgery.

As I stated in my post, I Never had a back problem prior to this hip replacement failure.
My back problems started within 2 mos of the revision surgery.

Decompression is not covered even w/ my Blue Cross blue sheild Insurance.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...