Metal pins in ankle
About ten years ago I badly fracturedmy lower leg and ankle.  Both had to have metal plates or pins inserted during surgery.   Apart from a tendency to have swelling in this ankle, it has been relatively trouble free until recently.

Now I am getting a lot of pain on the inside of the ankle, at the ankle bone location.
I don't know if this is due to the pins, or the ankle bone.  Any suggestions from anyone who has experienced something similar would be gratefully received.
Hi there!

Well, without a physical evaluation and probably a few tests it would be difficult ot determine the cause of your pain. It could be related to the hardware or could also be a separate issue. Other possibilities may include infections, inflammations, injuries/ tears, degenerations, growths, neurological/ vascular issues etc. I would suggest an evaluation by an orthopedician to look into the possibilities, so that the cause can be identified and appropriately managed.
Hope this helps.

Take care!