Metatarsal Stress Fracture
Greetings,

I have relatively flat feet with normal pronation. I have been 80lbs overweight since the early 1990's. I play tennis, golf, and raquetball on an infrequent basis. I have to walk great distances dragging luggage in airports each week.

Back in 1992 I underwent heel spur/tarsal tunnel repair surgery in my left foot (complete ligament release). I knew that walking barefoot was a problem in the same foot as I could feel stress in the base area of the 5th metatarsal. My podiatrist had little to offer other than don't walk barefoot. So until last year I managed the stress successfully with the orthotics. I beagn to notice the onset of infrequent stabbing pain in the same area. The pain would subside after a period of no-load. After coping with this situation for some time I went to my new podiatrist and an MRI revealed classic edema in the bone marrow of the base end of the 5th metatarsal. I have been in an economy cam walker for 6 weeks now with no healing occuring.I have been in very low activity since my good foot is stressed using the walker. My doctor says that I am in a clinical state just waiting for healing to occur. I feel that this will never heal. Is there anything I can do to stimulate bone healing? What can I expect? He says that I should have had a rod support in the orthotic to shift the altered bio mechanics back to center.
try using some tumbled quartz w/ Tiger's Eye, helps to align and mend bones. Just hold them near your problem area/leave @ the foot of your bed at night. hope you enjoy a speedy recovery!