Midfoot pain
I have got arthritis in my neck, left ankle and right midfoot. I get alot of pain from this condition but the worst pain I have at the moment is in my right midfoot. When I was younger, about about 20 onwards, my foot used to crack at every step and it did this for years. It didn't hurt, it was just a noisy joint and I just got used to it. In 2006 I had ligament reconsruction on my left ankle and could not weight bear on it for 6 weeks and I was only walking on my right foot with crutches which made my right foot become very painful. Ever since then it has been painful but lately the pain has got really bad. It is a sharp stabbing pain that  is there all the time and worsens when I walk on it. I told my primary doctor about it and he just said it is wear and tear. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem and how they would go about managing it. Do I see a podiatrist or an orthapedic doctor?
Just wanted to say Hi, sorry I don't know anything about foot problems.
Hi There. How are you? What can I say! I'm falling to pieces. I'm sick of being in pain.I go for my head MRI next week to see if the cavernoma has grown and then I finally get to see the elusive neurologist. My neck is not too bad at the moment because I don't do the job anymore. I will see what the neurologist says. Take care
If you think you need any sort of foot surgery I would go to at a foot/ankle orthopedist. Skip the podiatrist. I had a podiatrist perform surgery on my foot and if I knew then what I know I now, I would not have have let him touch my foot. Foot/ankle orthopedist have much more training than a podiatrist (at least twice as much) Good luck, achilles2
Thanks for your response, I got some insoles for my shoes to support my arches. I'll give it a month and if there's no improvement i'll seek medical help.
Hi there, I'm having alot of pain in my lower legs, hips and back after using the orthotic insoles for a couple of days. The pain in my foot has eased (at last) but I can hardly move with the back pain. I presume this is because I have been walking on the wrong side of my foot and it has thrown my gait out of whack. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Is this a normal occurrance? If it is normal how long does the pain last? Thanks in advance.P