More Questions than Answers after Arthroscopic Shoulder Proceedure
Had Arthroscopic shoulder surgery 1 week ago.  Doctor went in to remove calcium deposits, bone spur and basic clean up and repair if needed.  During the procedure the Dr encountered something he had never seen.  It appears that the calcium deposits that were seen in X rays and MRIs are in the tendon and they are hard as bone.  There is no history of gout in my family which was the first question asked of me upon waking.  Any idea of what may have caused this and any possible solutions.  My Dr said we will wait and see where I am in 8 months and then he could go back in and detach the tendon and remove the calcium and reattach.  I am 38 years old and that procedure comes with a lot of ifs.  I have had this shoulder pain for 8 months, it is my dominate arm.  I have had 2 cortisone injections, and completed 2 rounds of Physical therapy, I am getting ready to start my 3rd round to recover from surgery.  Any ideas of how to proceed from here would be greatly appreciated.
Hi there!

If the calcification is located in just one region it is more likely to be dystrophic i.e. due to long term/ chronic degenerative changes, where trauma/ injuries or elevated serum calcium levels may be a precipitating cause. I would suggest following your doctor’s advice for management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!