More questions than answers about right shoulder
I have had firey shoulder pain off and on since March in my right shoulder.  I was told it was multi-directional instability by the orthopedic specialist I see.  I was told corrective surgery was the way to go and now nobody will give me any answers except therapy and no explanation of why.  I live in the Atlanta area and have been to two orthopedic groups as well as Emory and everyone just blows me off like I am crazy.  I don't know where to turn for help.  Most orthopedic specialists will not even consider seeing me without a case review.  That only determines if they will agree to see you and not much else.  Then it is 3-4 more months getting an appointment for an opinion-not much else.  I don't know where to turn for help.  All I do know is the pain continues to get worse and nothing works to stop it so I just live with it.  I do like to swim and have had to quit for over six weeks because I am in so so so much pain.  I need to know what to do and where else to turn for help.  The other bad thing is I am right side dominant.
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Shoulder pain could be causes due to inflammations, degenerations, capsulitis, bursitis, tendonitis, injuries/ tears, arthritis, spinal/ neuro-muscular causes, muscle/ ligament/ tendon tears/ injuries, fractures, growths/ masses, ischemia, micronutrient deficiencies, referred pain from other regions etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!