My collar bone is dislocated. Help please
B_M
Hi, im 18, and I fell hard on my bike and after a day or so, I see my collar bone popping out. I did some research and found out that it is a SC joint dislocation (anterior). After finding out that my collar bone is dislocated, I went to see a general doctor after 3 days since I was busy with school. He told me that he doesn't know what is the problem and recommended me to see a specialist which is a othopedic doctor and told me to get an x ray on it before going there. So I did and got the x ray result. I got home and called the orthopedic doctor to make an appointment with them, so they gave me one. BUT, they gave me an appointment which will take 3 months. I was wondering if that will be bad for me because my right collarbone is like popping forward and you can see it so im kind of scared. What should I do while waiting for the appointment that will be in 3 months? What will happen to my collar bone that is popping out forward in the next 3 months?
Hi there!

Anterior dislocation of the collar bone is usually benign and would require a reduction in acute cases in the ER. In chronic cases reduction may or may not be possible and may not be required. If possible I would suggest having this reviewed at the ER over considering an evaluation by an orthopedician at a later date. Meanwhile it is suggested to keep the collar bone in place and avoid stress/ strain to the region.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!