Orthopedics Community
My shoulder grinds...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

My shoulder grinds...

I am not in pain, and it doesnt really hurt when i make it happen.. But for a long time now,(first starrted or noticed when i was 17 now 39).. my should clicks and grinds when i force it to move  in  cirular motion.. It is like its rubbing on my rib cage, because it makes one or more of my lower ribs collapse in a little? ? ? When i noticed this I went to my GP and I had my shoulder x rayed , it is normal according to the x-ray.. I complained and said well what is it, and I went back for further studies, by more specialist people and they didnt give a real answer saying it could be weak ligerments or miss shaped bone .. But the x ray was normal.. I wish  I had a proper explanation, rather than possibilities..
Hello Dear,
You seem to have Instable Shoulder Syndrome. It is partially from overuse, partially a loose joint issue and partially an imbalance of muscles. You should discuss this with your orthopedic physician and also consult a physiotherapist .
Best
I can feel my shoulder grind when I place my hand on it and rotate it. I also have lost some strength in both shoulders. My left shoulder/upper arm hurts when I do any press. I also have limited mobility when reaching behind my back to wash it.