Orthopedics Community
My shoulder that popped

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

My shoulder that popped

So I have been doing pt and try to build up the strength in my shoulder that popped during football season and waited 18 months to go see the trainer and she said it could be my biceps something or rotator cuff what could or what do I have to do because she is going get me a doc and I am worried about surgery because I had surgery recently and just not ready for surgery again the part that made her decided that I need the doc is when I said it still hurts to have my arm all the way up straight and to the side and having it in a L position to get my laser treatment. Also I would get pain when I do weight lifting and throwing i think and shooting a basketball but when I do track it does not hurt. What should I be worried about and what will happen?
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include capsulitis, bursitis, tendonitis, injuries/ tears, joint subluxation/ dislocation, arthritis, periostitis, muscle/ ligament/ tendon tears/ injuries, fractures, growths/ masses, ischemia etc. It would be best to have this reviewed by an orthopedician for a detailed evaluation. After a specific cause is identified, it can be managed accordingly.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Thanks Dr. Kaul I got one scheduled he works with the Dallas Stars omg this is a good doc ugh well it never got dislocated never came out of the socket js