Orthopedics Community
My wrist hurts, cracks and pops when I move it.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Four years ago I hurt my wrist in softball. Now, it cracks and pops when I rotate it. Furthermore, my thumb hurts where it meets my wrist. My doctor (four years ago) said that I might have a hairline fracture in that bone that connects my thumb to my wrist. He said that it would just heal on its own and gave me a brace. It wasn't making any poping or cracking sounds at that time. When I wear the brace, it doesn't make it any better. It feels better when I have it on but no matter how long I leave it on, when I take it off, it hurts worse. Why is this bugging me now and more than ever? Thanks for any help you can give me!