Myofascial Pain
My question is--has anyone been diagnosed with myofascial pain?

I am having a hard time accepting the fact that my legs hurt 24/7 and the muscles are sore, yet every doctor says my mri doesn't look bad.

It shows mild-moderate stenosis and foraminal stenosis, and it looks like every disk is bulging plus DDD. They all say, they can't help. What is my future? Just having pain forever?

Only last week was I given a nerve test to see if I had damaged my nerves. The only reason I had the test was because I asked for it. The doctors come up with nothing. My family doctor will give me a referral but never comes up with any ideas himself and it's not easy to change doctors plus you may get someone that doesn't believe in giving anything for chronic pain. I hate taking the pills, but don't believe in suffering if you don't have to.

I know exactly when this happened but that doesn't matter to them. I was an exercise nut, pulled my back and the pain transferred to both legs.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has been treated for myofascial pain sucessfully. I'm only guessing I might have that. The doctors have no answers.

Thanks so much.
Hi, sorry to hear about your pain. I myself has been going through the same story that started 5months ago when my upper back pain came to worst. I'm also diagnosed with MPS, had 2 MRIs that came out with nothing serious, so I was given anti inflammatories, muscle relaxants and Pregabalin. Whenever we are already expecting for better results, I get a relapse and the pain would be worst. Since there are no nerve involvement, it's a puzzle to us how I get paresthesias and severe leg pain that almost made me consider buying a cane.

So far, with the drugs and PT, nothing's working yet. I have been searching through the internet as well for a way to avoid/lessen the pain if not to cure it and from what I've read, acupuncture and chiropractors somehow manages the pain to totally eradicating it. So that's where my next trip would be, in hopes of stopping this terrible pain for good.

I wish you luck!