Orthopedics Community
Myofascial Pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Myofascial Pain

My question is--has anyone been diagnosed with myofascial pain?

I am having a hard time accepting the fact that my legs hurt 24/7 and the muscles are sore, yet every doctor says my mri doesn't look bad.

It shows mild-moderate stenosis and foraminal stenosis, and it looks like every disk is bulging plus DDD. They all say, they can't help. What is my future? Just having pain forever?

Only last week was I given a nerve test to see if I had damaged my nerves. The only reason I had the test was because I asked for it. The doctors come up with nothing. My family doctor will give me a referral but never comes up with any ideas himself and it's not easy to change doctors plus you may get someone that doesn't believe in giving anything for chronic pain. I hate taking the pills, but don't believe in suffering if you don't have to.

I know exactly when this happened but that doesn't matter to them. I was an exercise nut, pulled my back and the pain transferred to both legs.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has been treated for myofascial pain sucessfully. I'm only guessing I might have that. The doctors have no answers.

Thanks so much.