Orthopedics Community
Mystery Foot Injury, hairline, crush

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Mystery Foot Injury, hairline, crush

4 Months ago, my right foot was crushed by a dirtbike while riding in residential alleyways. The entire weight of the bike (around 250 pounds or more) landed on my right foot. I could not bear weight on it for about a week and a half and experienced moderate swelling. My father did not figure it was very serious and did not take me to the hospital. I also do not have medical insurance. The heel turned black and blue, the arch was extremely sore, and most severely my big toe and that tarsal were very stiff, and numb. I stayed off of it for two weeks and was confused because a few weeks later, could bear weight on it somewhat. I tried to take it easy over the summer but it just never got any better. 4 months later, it still hurts on the top of the arch when i put weight on it, the big toe still is a bit sore, heel aches, and all tarsals hurt badly when toes are bent upwards. I have tried to convince my parents to take me to the doctor but to no avail. I even wore an orthopedic boot for 4 weeks recently (still wearing) and am seeing little results. What's wrong with my foot???