Orthopedics Community
Neosporin on surgery cut?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Neosporin on surgery cut?

I had surgery on my collarbone a week ago.

I was wondering if it would be ok to put neosporin on a 2 inch surgery cut held together by glue.

I am wanting to put neosporin on it to help it heal quicker and have less of a scar.

Thanks,
Shannon
Related Discussions
  • toe numbness (1 replies):
    Two days ago I fell and hit my food against a chair and ...[more]
Shannon, if the incision is held together by glue, the best bet is to keep it clean and dry.  unless your doc you to put neosporin on it, you probably don't need to  and shouldn't, as it might actually be bad for it..  Surgical incisions are made with sterile instruments, unlike cuts you get pn the playground, so theoretically there should be no germs to slow healing, and the scar will also be minimal compared to irregularly shaped cuts that you get from regular items at home, which may do well with neosporin.  If you want to put it on there, call your doctor and see what she thinks.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...